The game was originally released as an unfinished version in July 2017 as a co-op survival game. Fortnite was then released as an Early Access title in the same year.
The gameplay of Fortnite is presented in a third-person view with an overhead map, depicting the player's character, enemy, and objective. The game is set in a world where 98% of the world's population suddenly disappeared, and the player assumes control of a survivor, attempting to build a fort to protect themselves from the monsters that are roaming the game's world.
In Fortnite, the player is tasked with fighting off waves of enemies that come from the game's four cardinal directions. The player is equipped with weapons that they can find, or purchase, around the map.
The graphics in Fortnite are pixelated. This gives the game a retro feel, and also keeps the game running at a faster pace, which is better for the game's online multiplayer.
Information about Replayability
Fortnite is a game that is able to be played in many different ways. One can play the game by themselves, or with up to four friends in a cooperative mode, or with up to 100 players in a player versus player mode.
Fortnite is a free game that is intended for children. The game is available on many different platforms. The game has a lot of replayability.
- Fortnite is a free game
- Players are able to play with up to four other friends in a cooperative mode
- The maps in Fortnite are procedurally generated, which means that no two maps are exactly the same
- The game is available on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, iOS, and MacOS
- Players are able to build structures in the game, such as forts
- The game has a lot of replayability, and the maps are constantly changing
- The game is available for a variety of platforms
- Fortnite is a free game, but there are in-app purchases
- The game is intended for children
- The graphics are pixelated, and the game can be slow
- The game can be hard to play for people who are colorblind